There was pandemonium in Rumuekini Community, Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State as one Chris Achor, an electronics dealer committed suicide in his apartment.
The 43-year-old allegedly died after ingesting a poisonous insecticide called Sniper a night before sleeping.
His neighbours told theportcitynews that his lifeless body and an empty bottle of the insecticide was discovered in his apartment on Thursday morning.
They said he showed no signs of being in any form of trouble, adding that they forced his door open and discovered the lifeless body after he failed to come out in the morning.
His neighbours stated that the family was called to evacuate his body.
However, friends said the deceased had a quarrel with his girlfriend a day before as he invited her over to his house but she refused to show up.
They said the unnamed girlfriend later came to his house the next morning but his phone line was off, adding that she raised an alarm which made his neighbours to forcefully open the door to his room.
The Rivers State Police Command is yet to issue a statement on the matter.