Three senior officials of the Kaduna State Government have been reappointed to their first-term roles. This includes the Secretary to the State Government, Balarabe Abbas Lawal, Principal Private Secretary Dr. Salisu Suleiman and Senior Adviser-Counsellor Jimi Lawal.
Both Balarabe Abbas Lawal and Salisu Suleiman were among the first set of appointees named by Malam Nasir El-Rufai before he was sworn-in for the first-term in May 2015.
A statement from Sir Kashim Ibrahim House disclosed that several Special Assistants also retain their roles, while Barrister James Kanyip, has been appointed Deputy Chief of Staff in the office of the Deputy Governor, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe. Kanyip, a widely published lawyer, holds an LL.M in Human Rights Law. He was twice chairman of Kaura Local Government and has been a consultant to several local and international organisations.
“The Kaduna State Government is continuing its personnel selection for the second-term. Further to this, Malam Nasir El-Rufai has approved the following appointments:
1. Balarabe Abbas Lawal Secretary to the State Government
2. Dr. Salisu Suleiman Principal Private Secretary
3. Jimi Lawal Senior Adviser-Counsellor
4. Peter Jones Deputy Chief of Staff (Administration)
5. James Kanyip Deputy Chief of Staff(Deputy Governor’s Office)
6. Zainab Mohammed Senior Special Assistant, Economic Matters/Administrator of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Programme
7. Adejoh Momoh Special Assistant, Research & Documentation
8. Joel Adoga Special Assistant, Administration
9. Mubarak Mohammed Special Assistant, Project Implementation
10. Hosea Sani Special Assistant, KADGIS
11. Maimuna Zakari Special Assistant, Priority Projects
12. Halima Idris Special Assistant, Creative Arts Development
13. Tamar Nandul Special Assistant, Inter-Governmental Relations
14. Peculiar Nwaohiri Special Assistant, Abuja Liaison Office
15. Elias Yahaya Special Assistant, Programmes
16. Iliyasu Jega Special Assistant, Protocol
17. Umar Farouk Saleh Personal Assistant
“All Special Advisers are to continue in their current roles until the expiration of the tenure of the Kaduna State House of Assembly that was elected in 2015.
“Further announcements on appointments and reappointments will be made after the newly-elected Kaduna State House of Assembly convenes.”