About 28 persons who came in contact with Nigeria’s first Coronavirus patient are being quarantined in Ogun state.
Italian citizen said to be working in Nigeria returned from Milan, Italy on the 25th of February 2020, tested positive to the COVID-19, Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, said on Friday.
Channels Television reports that Ogun State governor, Dapo Abiodun, who confirmed the latest development to journalists, said the company where the Italian had visited in Ewekoro has been shut down, while two isolation centres have been identified.
“The information we have is that the particular company in question has practically shut down and they have set up two isolation centres within the company. They have identified all those that have been in contact with this index, totalling about 28 so far and they have been quarantined.
“They are looking at interviewing these 28 people to know who they have been in contact with so that they can ensure these other people are quarantined,” he stated.
He added that surveillance centres have been reactivated in all the 20 Local Government Areas in the state and the Olabisi Onabanjo teaching hospital in Sagamu in case of an outbreak.
“We are not leaving any stone unturned; we have distributed a lot of items all the way to our local government and our primary health care centres; gloves, masks and protective equipment.”