Boarding students of the University of Port Harcourt University Demonstration Secondary School have been hospitalized after they reportedly drank tea mixed with a cloth bleaching chemical, Hypo.
A student of the school said the incident occured on Wednesday morning while the students were taking their breakfast.
She said the students who began vomiting blood after taking the tea were rushed to the University Of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital and have been placed on treatment.
However, when contacted, the school denied that the incident occured, saying that it was an unfounded rumour that began spreading earlier in the day.
Also, the University of Port Harcourt did immediately respond to inquiries when contacted.
Another student of the school told theportcitynews that as much as 15 students have been hospitalised after they drank the tea.