A female resident of San Diego has swallowed her engagement ring while she was asleep and having a nightmare but had to go through a surgery to retrieve it.
29-year-old Jenna Evans said she had a scary dream in which she and her fiancée were on a speeding train and are attacked by “bad guys”. She dreams that she removed her ring and swallowed it so that the goons do not take it away.
But when she woke up the following morning her ring was missing only to realise that she had actually swallowed the it while she was sleeping.
Jenna and her fiancee, however, went to hospital where an X-ray scan identified that the 2.4-carat ring in was in her stomach.
She said she was asked to sign release forms in case she dies while undergoing a surgery to remove the ring.
“Then I cried a lot because I would be so mad if I died. I waited a long time for that damn engagement ring and I will marry Bobby Howell,” BBC was quoted as saying, Evans.
Fortunately, the procedure went well, and Evans later shared her experience in a Facebook post which went viral, receiving over 100K likes and 61,000K shares.
“I was really happy because I don’t know if I can look at it and appreciate it in the same way,” Evans told ABC news channel.