Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has uplifted the Chief Justice Of Nigeria Sports Competition with mouth-watering cash prizes.
Addressing participants during the opening ceremony of the 24th Edition of the Chief Justice of Nigeria Sports Competition at the Sharks Stadium, on Wednesday, Governor Wike said that the overall winner (first position) will go home with N20million.
The governor stated that the second place will be rewarded with N15million, while the third place gets N10million.
All other participating teams, according to the Rivers State Governor, will get five million naira each.
He said that Rivers State will always continue to play host to sporting and entertainment events because of the peaceful nature of the state.
While appreciating the sports men and women of the judiciary for choosing the state, he urged them to explore the nightlife of Port Harcourt and other relaxation spots.
The representative of the Chief Justice Of Nigeria, Justice Sidi Bage said that Rivers State ranks the highest in terms of support to the judiciary and her activities, adding that other states must emulate for the growth of the sector.
The Representative of the Chief Justice of Nigeria said that sports helps members of the Judiciary to remain fit in order to carry out their responsibilities.
The aims and objectives of the Annual Chief Justice of Nigeria sports competition are as follows.
· To help promote mental and physical fitness of the workforce by organizing annual sports competitions among the various courts/judicial bodies.
· To popularize and promote the image of the judiciary and its institution throughout sports.
· To encourage and strengthen the spirit of good sports-manship and sense of belonging among the relevant courts/judiciary bodies.
· To tap and develop the hidden talent of staff of judiciary, federal and state offices of the Attorney General.
· To promote friendship and good staff working relationship among staff of the judiciary.
Thirty courts and judicial bodies affiliated with the National Sports Association for Judiciary are participating at the event while 12 states with observer status are attending
A posthumous award was presented to the Late Attorney General of Rivers State, Emmanuel Aguma (SAN ) for his outstanding supports for the National Sports Association for Judiciary .