A Port Harcourt resident, Blessing Nnadi, has recounted a suspected “one-chance” robbery incident along the Eliozu-Airforce Link Road in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Nnadi said she witnessed the incident on Friday after a man was allegedly attacked by occupants of a vehicle suspected to be operated by one-chance robbers.
According to her, the man was seen crying and shouting that his phone had been stolen after the alleged attack.
She said the incident left her shaken, particularly because it happened early in the day while residents were beginning their daily activities.
Nnadi also said some motorists attempted to pursue the suspected vehicle but were unable to catch up with it.
Also Read: http://Team Rivers Makes Debate History
Expressing concern over the reported activities of one-chance operators, she questioned why the perpetrators had not been effectively stopped.
“Why can’t these one-chance operators be stopped? Why are people becoming so inhumane?” she asked.
The incident occurred amid a protest in Port Harcourt on Friday over alleged attacks by suspected one-chance operators, who have been accused of robbing and assaulting passengers.
Residents have continued to call for stronger security measures, improved surveillance and increased enforcement on major roads across the city to curb the reported menace.
source: Elanhub
