A family of 7 has been wiped out in Elele, Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers due to the inhalation of generator fumes.
The tragic deaths happened at Too Much Money Estate, Elele Town.
The family members (Names Withheld) which comprised of four boys, a girl, mother and father were discovered dead in the early hours of Thursday morning, theportcitynews gathered.
Sources resident in the area said they were greeted by the tragedy this morning, adding that they noticed that their neighbour’s house was still calm and locked which was unusual as the father of the house who was a commercial driver wakes early in the morning to ply his trade.
They said that they subsequently forced the apartment open to find lifeless bodies on the chair, floor and on the bed.
The sources said the man was in his late 40s while the children were between 4 and 15 years of age.
They said the reason for the deaths might be connected to generator fumes as the family was seen putting on their generator before going to bed, adding that they likely died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Although the police command in Port Harcourt did not respond to inquiries made by theportcitynews into the matter, locals said the police division in Elele has evacuated the corpses to the mortuary.