Getting a New Meter in Port Harcourt Rivers State

Meters are the best ways to pay for the amount of electricity consumed, in order to avoid being cheated by the PHED it is advisable to get a meter and here are the procedures;

  1. Prospective customers are required to fill PHED form
  2. The form should be signed by the contractor that wired the building. The Wiring Contractor must possess a wiring license issued by the Federal Ministry of Power and 
Steel, or should be an Electrical Engineer registered with COREN.
  3. The Service Centre Manager should confirm that the form is properly completed.
  4. The Wiring Inspector should confirm that the Transformer in the area has available capacity.
  5. The Accountant should confirm that the new customer has no outstanding bills.
  6. The customer will then be issued an account number and should then be documented for connection.

For easy bill payment, our cash offices are located in strategic areas and where possible, designated banks are used.