Submission of technical proposals for Ogoni clean-up elapse

The Federal Government says the submission of technical proposals and financial bid documents by pre-qualified companies for Ogoni cleanup will end by September 24, 2018.

The government had last week announced the pre-qualification of 183 firms for the exercise.

Minister of States for Environment, Mr. Ibrahim Jibril, who disclosed this, said out of over 400 firms that applied for the contract to clean up the oil-impacted sites in Ogoniland, only 183 companies are pre-qualified for the next round of selection, which is the technical and financial bids.

Jibril spoke in in Port Harcourt during a pre-contract meeting for the pre-qualified companies to demonstrate their abilities, organised by the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project, HYPREP.

“The stage we are now is part of the procurement process. We have 183 companies that have pre-qualified and have been asked to submit their documents to bid for the contract.

“All bids are supposed to end on the 24 of September, after which there will be a financial evaluation. There is a timeline for each process. We have matching orders that by the end of last quarter of 2018, people should be seen on the field,” he said.

Also, the Project Coordinator of HYPREP, Dr. Marvin Dekil, said contractors for the project must have technical and financial competencies before they would be allowed to participate in the process.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here